Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ding Ding Ding.

How I wish humans are like characters in RPG games. We can level up according to our experiences and things we learned. Leveling up will also enable us to learn new things and upgrade ourselves.

Currently, I'm playing a game, Bleach - The 3rd Phantom DS. My characters level up when they train or when they are battling. Points are earned during the leveling process and can be exchanged for skills or upgrades.

Like humans, they can't learn two things at once; you are only allowed to learn a skill or upgrade a skill one at a time. You can't be greedy in upgrading all too. Out of three routes, you are allowed to choose to fully maximise only two of them.

How are we similar? For example, learning two different languages at a time confuses us, decreasing our learning ability.

Why the sudden aspiration to link gaming characters and humans, you might wonder.

I realized that I am constantly doing things I dislike to people. It was only until one of them made me realize. I complained that people do things that I dislike to me, and yet, I am doing those things to others! How careless of me to not be able to see these.

I want to improve, and I can only do so through learning experiences in life. That set me thinking about humans and game characters. I want to level up. I want my personality and humanity to be upgraded constantly. I want to learn new skills. I can't only learn from setbacks and mistakes forever. It means that I have to go through a lot of them to be able to level up. I want to find a comfortable method to learn; one that allows me to be happy throughout this lifelong learning process.

No comments: