Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Timetable.

Popularity is something everyone wants but something not everyone has.

Just finished reading this book, How To Be Cool, a NOVEL, not self-improvement book. It's by Johanna Edwards. Quite an interesting book, talking about views from plumper people, which is seldom seen by me. Easy to read and it grabs your attention. However, it is not one of those I'm-gonna-suck-you-into-me books, which is a bit of a pity.

Let's face it. No one wants to be a loser with no friends. You want proof? Those who wants to be a friendless loser please raise up your hands! See, no one, unless you raise your hand and look into the mirror or web cam, whatever.

Despite trying to be "cool" about not having as many friends like others, it is still hard. I'll still find myself checking my MSN window to see whether I have a new email from Facebook or Blogger. Or maybe even my mobile phone for new messages. Disappointment comes when there's totally nothing; it feels like no one cares or bothers about you.

Trust me, I know that feeling. Yup, I have friends, of course, but really close ones? A few. Hopefully they see me as one too. Think about it, most of the time everyone is actually alone. Alone alone. Something like everyone-is-around-me-but-I-still-feel-lonely alone.

Sometimes a single sentence or word may trigger a thought in your mind that maybe sounds like, Hey, am I an outcast or a left out? No worries, I tell myself often, that might not be true, although it seems true, sounds true or feels true.

It's tiring to think that every single moment. So let's take a step back from those nasty thoughts and look on the bright side, trust your friends. If you get hurt in the future, then they are the losers who judge people instead of accepting them for who they are.

:)

No comments: